The Ohio State Bar Association, a Columbus-based statewide professional association for attorneys, is seeking to fill the position of Sales and Meetings Representative. This unique opportunity will provide the qualified candidate with an opportunity to utilize your talents with a well-respected and employee-oriented organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Sell sponsorship, exhibitor and advertising opportunities: contact potential sponsors exhibitors and advertisers and sell specific opportunities for various events and publications; help identify, develop and maintain effective relationships with all sponsors, advertisers and exhibitors, and encourage them to upgrade their support; develop a pipeline of new prospects through outbound solicitations including phone calls, emails and mail.
- Servicing of all sponsorship, exhibitor and advertising sales: work with Meetings Coordinator to ensure that sponsors receive full benefit of sponsorships; work with communications team to ensure that all ads get placed in proper print or digital locations.
- Serve as Association's point of contact for all external building rentals, and maintain internal room reservation center: handle calls, contracts, invoicing and scheduling. Ensure proper room set-up and serve as main on-site contact.
- Serve as main point of contact for logistics pertaining to CLE programs or other events held in the OSBA building: handle basic AV, food function and other meeting set-up needs. Oversee the duties of the Columbus-based CLE registrars.
Job requirements include the following:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Work Experience: 3-5 years of demonstrated success in securing and servicing sponsors, print and digital advertisers, and/or exhibitors. Meeting planning background preferred.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication; excellent organizational skills; ability to collaborate as well as to work independently in fast-paced environment, while maintaining strict attention to detail; demonstrated ability to think outside of the box.
- Other Qualifications: Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Comfortable working with Aptify or similar membership database.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse environment. The OSBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or physical or mental disability. Please send resume along with salary requirements to: Kelly Adams, Ohio State Bar Association, 1700 Lake Shore Drive, PO Box 16562, Columbus, Ohio 43216-6562 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No third parties or phone calls please.