The OSBA Insurance Agency refers its clients exclusively to the Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company (OBLIC). OBLIC is wholly owned by the OSBA and, since its inception more than 30 years ago, has been dedicated to servicing OSBA members.
To learn more or request a quote, call (855) 745-9222 or (614) 572-0616, or email us at email@example.com.
Why choose OBLIC?
Competitive pricing includes:
- Claims-free discounts up to 30 percent.
- Ohio Bar College members receive 15 percent discount (full-time policyholders only).
- Area of practice and firm size discounts available.
- Certified specialists and/or attorneys who obtain a total of five credit hours of CLE in ethics, professionalism or substance abuse or any combination thereof within 24 months preceding their policy effective date, receive 15 percent discount, up to $300 for full-time and $125 for part-time practitioners.
- Flexible payment plan options.
OBLIC claims-made and reported policy provides:
- Broad prior acts protection available, including for lateral hired attorneys.
- Up to $5 million per claim and $5 million aggregate claims per policy (if eligible).
- Flexible extended reporting period options.
- Two policy options: (1) defense costs outside limits of liability; or (2) defense costs included within (inside) limits of liability (which reduces available limits to pay settlements or money damages).
- Disciplinary defense, subpoena assistance, cost reimbursement and claims repair coverages.
- Includes limited cyber breach insurance coverage with separate limits.
This description provides brief highlights and is subject to the coverage, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Superior customer services provide:
- All company personnel located in Columbus, Ohio, providing direct access to policyholders.
- Loss prevention materials, applications and policy forms available at www.oblic.com.
- Regularly issued loss prevention alerts—the “Malpractice Alert.”
- Claims department staffed by experienced attorneys.
- Broad selection of experienced Ohio defense counsel.
- Support provided to OSBA, OLAP and other organizations devoted to the success of Ohio attorneys.
Stability and strength illustrated by:
OBLIC is dedicated to protecting Ohio lawyers and their clients. Experience why OBLIC protects more Ohio attorneys than any of its competitors, and has for over three decades!
- Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., the nationally recognized insurance rating service.
- Owned by the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Providing lawyers’ professional liability insurance in Ohio continually since 1979.