The Ohio State Bar Association, founded in 1880, is a voluntary professional association representing more than 65 percent of Ohio’s practicing lawyers. Through its activities, the OSBA serves both its members and the public by promoting the highest standards for the practice of law and the administration of justice.
Law school students: 4,000+
Legal assistants: 900+
• As advisors to clients at virtually every stage of business, legal professionals are unsurpassed in the areas of financial services and planning, banking, insurance and investments.
• Ohio lawyers have a sizable investment in computerizing their offices and will continue to enhance their investment by upgrading and expanding current equipment.
• Our readers are major consumers of electronic equipment such as billing software, document software, office equipment, cellular phones, copy machines, voice mail and paging systems.
• Delivery services, mailing services, process servers, deposition and reporting services and temporary office personnel are essential to our readers.
• Readers are also interested in summer camps, private schools, real estate and vacation homes, luxury items (jewelry, fine art, automobiles, recreational vehicles), security systems, cultural events, travel services, restaurants and financial/investment services.
- Average income for a full-time Ohio lawyer: $100,000.
| Years in Practice
|| Net Income|
| up to 5
Source: 2013 Desktop Reference on the Economics of Law Practice in Ohio.